Whether you’re looking to start a business or are thinking about relocating, consider Waddell, Arizona. You’ll benefit from a low crime rate and affordable housing, along with access to adequate business resources to help set you up for success.
High Quality of Life
Residents of Waddell are genuinely happy, so you’ll benefit from employees who come to work happy, relaxed, and prepared to work.
In their free time, residents can take in the fresh Arizona air while witnessing the wonders of nature at White Tank Mountain Regional Park. They can bring home fresh produce from Justice Brothers Ranch. Plus, kids go to school in classrooms with generally small class sizes.
Some activities to enjoy in Waddell include:
- Cortessa Park
- Cortessa HOA Park
- White Tank Foothills Park
Strong Community Support
The community will support your business as consumers. Moreover, Waddell is rich with small businesses, so you’ll have opportunities to network with other business owners and learn from them.
Waddell is also home to the Waddell Chamber of Commerce, which allows you to place your business listing in their directory — a simple, yet effective marketing approach.
Other business support centers include:
- Arizona’s Small Business Development Center
- Arizona Commerce Authority
No matter your business’s area of interest, you’ll benefit from the diversity of Waddell.
For instance, in terms of gender, it’s nearly half and half. Additionally, nearly 50% of households have kids and close to 50% don’t.
Several institutions of higher education are in the general vicinity. These colleges and trade schools help strengthen Waddell’s workforce, so you’ll have superior options to choose from as you build your team.
Some examples of schools in the surrounding region include:
- Rio Salado College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Brookline College-Phoenix Campus
- Western Maricopa Education Center
Lower Crime Rate
When compared to Arizona as a whole, Waddell is safer. The possibility of being a victim of a violent crime or robbery is lower in Waddell than in Arizona in general, so as a business owner, you can feel safe opening in this area.
The cost of homes in Waddell is generally in the $400,000 range; however, when you think about it, the average income in Waddell is higher than the U.S. average. The median household income in Waddell is $97,853, while the average in the U.S. is $70,850, so you have people in the area who’ll have more money to spend on your business.
In terms of rentals, the price is around average compared to Arizona as a whole. Therefore, if you prefer to rent, it’s a feasible possibility. The affordability influences how much customers can spend at your business and plays a role in your access to staffing.
Getting Up and Running in Waddell
Waddell makes it easy to access the resources you need to begin.
Before opening a business in Waddell, review Arizona laws and determine if you need the following:
- Business licenses
- Once you have all the legal stuff out of the way, it’s time to focus on the fun parts, like all the little details that make your Waddell business unique and profitable. You should hire a local professional to create your look for your website and social media presence since they’re familiar with what works best for your market, but you can also do some of that yourself. If you have photos of your business or ones you’ve taken yourself of your beautiful new city, you can easily resize them for Instagram yourself.
- Next, you’ll need a way to find the best employees to staff your new start-up. Cooper Quail Consulting can help you there, plus they can also help you with a host of other services, like training and compliance.
Whether you’ve moved to Waddell for its great availability of sports, because it’s considered one of the best places for equestrians, or because of its beautiful mountain views, hiking trails, and parks, starting a business in Waddell is one of the best decisions you can make.